10:30am - 4:30pm (Monday - Friday)
8:00am - 5:00pm (Monday - Friday)
(Next to the Columbia County Health Dept.)
Call Center: (706) 541-4077 or dial 3-1-1
Fax: (706) 447-2277
Kết quả xổ số thủ đô 30 ngày
Lost and Adoptable Pets
Kết quả xổ số thủ đô 30 ngàyWhen adopting an animal from Animal Services, you must:
- Pay the required adoption fee;
- Sign an agreement to have the animal spayed or neutered within 30 days for adult animals, or before the puppy or kitten becomes 6 months old (Georgia State Law since July 1994);
- Sign an agreement to take the animal to a veterinarian of your choice within 7 days of adoption to obtain required rabies vaccination.*
*Exceptions: some animals available for adoption are already vaccinated and spayed or neutered at the time of adoption.
Choosing the Right Pet for You
It is best to choose a pet that is suited to your personality, lifestyle, and environment. Make sure you have a clear sense of the responsibilities of owning a pet. Becoming a pet owner is a long-term commitment.
Kết quả xổ số thủ đô 30 ngàyChoosing the right pet requires some research that will prove to be an educational and enjoyable challenge. You need to learn about the physical traits of different breeds, as well as their diverse personalities.
Local veterinarians can be very helpful. They are familiar with many different breeds and can answer your questions regarding the suitability of a particular breed to your lifestyle and environment.
Questions to Ask:
- What kind of temperament does this particular breed have? This is a primary concern. Some breeds were developed with specific functions is mind. Some are bred to hunt and some were bred to guard herds of animals. The more information you can find out about your pet's origin can tell you how well it will accept visitors into your home or how well it will behave around children.
- What size will it be when it is full grown? This is especially important if you live in an apartment. Some breeds require a lot of exercise and a large area to run.
- How much coat care will your pet need? Some breeds require frequent grooming by you or regular visits to a groomer.
- Will you have time for training your dog? Some breeds are better suited to specific types of training. A well-mannered dog makes the best companion.
- What about health issues in a specific breed? These are important considerations that must be resolved before choosing a particular breed. All pets need occasional health care.
Prevention of fleas and ticks can be time consuming, but the results are well worth the effort. There are dips, one-spot applications, sprays, pills, powders, shampoos and collars. Contact your veterinarian for the right product for your pet.
Grooming your pet is essential whether your pet is low maintenance or a breed that requires regular visits to a groomer. Consult with your veterinarian concerning special shampoos for skin problems.
Kết quả xổ số thủ đô 30 ngàyThere is an endless variety of well-balanced pet foods on the market. Talk to your veterinarian about what kind and how much is appropriate for your pet's age and condition. Make sure your pet has plenty of fresh, clean water at all times.
Preventative health care will add to the quality and length of your pet's life. Prevention costs are often less than treatment, so make sure your pet visits your veterinarian at least once a year for its annual shots and a thorough examination. Puppies and kittens must have a series of vaccinations administered by your veterinarian. Older pets require annual vaccinations that are given by your local veterinarian. A heartworm preventative can keep your pet healthy and save you money in the future.
All cats and dogs in the state of Georgia are required to have a current rabies vaccination that can only be administered by a licensed veterinarian.
Kết quả xổ số thủ đô 30 ngàyKeep your cat inside. Outdoor cats can become lost, stolen, injured or killed. Cats who are allowed to stray are exposed to fatal infectious diseases, including rabies. Also, cats prey on wildlife.
Services & Fees
|Animal||Fee per Animal|
|Kittens or Puppies||$20.00|
|Adult Dog or Adult Cat||$25.00|
|Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, or Other Small Mammal||$10.00|
|Birds or Reptiles||$5.00|
|Special Adoption Kittens or Puppies*||$10.00|
|Special Adoption Adult Dog or Adult Cat*||$15.00|
*The Animal Services Manager and/or Community & Leisure Division Director may, at their discretion, enact "Special Adoption" pricing, without prior county approval or public notice, if the county animal shelter becomes over populated in order to stimulate animal adoptions.
Microchips & Supplies
|Microchip Implant & Lifetime Registration||$15.00|
|Cardboard Cat Carrier||$3.50|
|Rabies Vaccination (1-Year)*||$5.00|
*Only available at scheduled Rabies Clinics. To find out when the next one will be, where we'll announce it, or call our office at 706.541.4077.
Animal Reclaim Fee
Kết quả xổ số thủ đô 30 ngàyWhen an animal is picked up by our team, only the owner may reclaim the animal. We hold the animal for the owner for 5 days, after which, the animal is put up for adoption. In order to reclaim the animal, the owner must:
- Pay the Animal Reclaim Fee, which is the total night housed charge plus the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd impound instance fee;
- Show proof of rabies vaccination, within 7 days.
|Animal||Per Night Charge||1st Impound||2nd Impound||3rd Impound|
|Dogs, Cats, Other Mammals, Birds, or Reptiles||$10.00||+||$30.00||$60.00||$125.00|
Please note: the quality of animal lives is very important to us; therefore, any animal that appears to the designated staff members at the Animal Services facility to be sick and untreatable, may be euthanized humanely to avoid suffering.
An owner who brings his/her dog or cat to the County Animal Services facility and releases ownership to the County will be charged a fee of:
|Spayed or Neutered Dog or Cat, current on all vaccinations||$30.00|
|Spayed or Neutered Dog or Cat, not current on all vaccinations||$45.00|
|Intact Dog or Cat, current on all vaccinations||$50.00|
|Intact Dog or Cat, not current on all vaccinations||$65.00|
- Required vaccinations for dogs: Rabies, DHPP, Kennel Cough (Bordetella). Administered and documented by a licensed veterinarian.
- Required vaccinations for cats: Rabies, Felv/FIV, Feline Combo (Upper Respiratory). Administered and documented by a licensed veterinarian.
- There is an additional fee of $10.00 for each additional dog or cat surrendered as part of a litter.
- Small mammal surrenders must be accompanied by a cage, bedding, water containers and food.
An owner whose dog or cat is picked up by Columbia County and taken to the Columbia County Animal Services facility, which the owner releases ownership to Columbia County, will be charged a fee of $15.00 in addition to the above listed applicable fees. There is an additional fee of $15.00 for each additional dog or cat surrendered as part of a litter when picked up by Columbia County Animal Services.
Kết quả xổ số thủ đô 30 ngày*Columbia County Animal Services will not accept release of ownership of any animal by someone other than a resident of Columbia County.
Dangerous Animals Fees
|Quarantine of Biting Animals at Animal Services Nightly Fee||$15.00|
|Euthanasia of Vicious Animal||$75.00|
|Service / Item||Cost Per||Cost Per Each Additional at Same Location|
|Cremation of animal remains with ashes returned to owner||$75.00||N/A|
|Cremation of animal remains without ashes returned to owner (Dogs or Cats)||$25.00||$10.00|
|Cremation of animal remains without ashes returned to owner (Pigs, Goats, or Small Livestock)||$40.00||$10.00|
|Cremation of animal remains for veterinarians (includes pickup of remains from a veterinarian's office within Columbia County)||$40.00||N/A|
*Except for animal remains picked up at veterinarian's offices within Columbia County, all animal remains to be cremated must be brought to the .
After Hours Response
For animal related emergencies that take place after hours, on weekends, or holiday’s contact 911 to have an on-call Animal Control Officer dispatched. The on-call officer is only authorized to respond to the following emergencies. All other calls will be handled the following regular business day.
Severely Sick or Injured Domestic Animals
The on-call officer may respond to sick or injured animals that cannot wait until 8:00 a.m. the following weekday.
If your pet is sick or injured you must contact your veterinarian or an emergency veterinarian. The on-call officer will not assist with owned animals.
Kết quả xổ số thủ đô 30 ngàyThe on-call officer may respond to bite cases in which the bite from a dog, cat, or wildlife has broken the skin of a human victim.
Kết quả xổ số thủ đô 30 ngày The on-call officer may respond to bite cases in which the bite from a wildlife rabies vector (raccoon, skunk, fox, etc.) has broken the skin of an owned domestic dog or cat.
Kết quả xổ số thủ đô 30 ngày If the biting animal is contained by the owner and no longer running at large, the on-call officer may take the bite report over the phone and enforce the quarantine the following business day.
Kết quả xổ số thủ đô 30 ngàyThe on-call officer may respond to complaints of vicious animals creating a public safety threat which have been verified by on-duty law enforcement personnel.
Livestock at Large
The on-call officer may respond to complaints of loose livestock on the roadways which have been verified by on-duty law enforcement personnel.
Severe Animal Cruelty Situations
The on-call officer may respond to backup requested by law enforcement for severe animal cruelty situations, etc. which cannot wait until 8:00 a.m. the following weekday.
Animal Foster Care
Kết quả xổ số thủ đô 30 ngàyWe are committed to our goal of providing quality care for all animals in Columbia County. We have worked hard to establish long-lasting and progressive relationships with our partners in the non-profit animal rescue field. In an effort to assist our local rescue partners we are now collecting applications to foster pets from the Columbia County Animal Services department.
Voluntary Registration of Livestock
We encourage all livestock owners in the county to voluntarily register their livestock with the Animal Services Department's Livestock Owner Database for free.
Doing so can save you a lot of time and money for several reasons:
- When we receive a complaint of livestock being loose in either someone’s yard or in the highway we first try to locate the owner via our livestock database to let them know we had a complaint and to see if they can put the animals up;
- In the event of a natural disaster, we can utilize this information to find the owners of livestock who may have escaped through damaged fencing, saving you a lot of time and worry;
- If we have to impound livestock because an owner cannot be found, the owner is responsible for paying the impound and any boarding fees—which are set quite high due to the amount of manpower we must use to contain and transport the animal back to the shelter;
- If no owner comes forward for livestock in our possession after the mandatory five day holding period, the animal will be placed for adoption.
We know that no citizen wants to lose their investment, which is why we strongly suggest all Columbia County owners complete the free Livestock Registration.
Kết quả xổ số thủ đô 30 ngày To protect your investment and to expedite the return of your animal, please contact the Animal Services Department or fill out the online registration, with the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Address
- Any phone numbers that we can contact you on
- Address of where the livestock is located
- What livestock is present and descriptions